When you purchase a brand new vehicle, you would expect every aspect of the car to be in perfect condition, unfortunately this is rarely the case. The main culprit of imperfections and defects on new cars are caused by poor dealership preparation, incorrect wash techniques and a lack of care from inexperienced sub-contracted valeting personnel. Transportation methods and poor storage conditions will also contribute towards a less than perfect finish.
Our first process with this service is to thoroughly assess the vehicle for imperfections/defects using harsh LED lighting and a paint depth gauge, this can be done at the dealership or at your desired location if the delivery has already been completed. It is advised that you ask the main dealer not to wash the car at all, as this will cut out the process where damage is most likely to be caused. Depending on our findings, that will then determine the level of machine polishing required to return the paintwork to perfect condition. If the paintwork is in perfect or near perfect condition, a single stage machine polish using refining polishes will be used to boost gloss and clarity of the paint, if however defects are present, minor or major correction will be required to rectify the paintwork.
There’s a choice of 2 protection systems in this service, Ceramic Coatings or Natural Waxes. A protected car will be noticeably easier to clean, as the waxes and coatings repel contaminants and grime, making every aspect of maintaining the vehicle effortless.
Ceramic coatings are at the pinnacle of automotive car care, they have become hugely popular in recent years due to their durability, gloss enhancing and hydrophobic properties. They are a hardy barrier against the most stubborn of contaminants, such as tar, sap and bird lime. A typical ceramic coating will last for 2 years with the correct maintenance.
Natural waxes are a traditional method of protecting painted finishes, they provide high levels of gloss and depth, whilst offering up to 6 months worth of durability.
New Car Preparation Detail Breakdown:
- Pre Rinse and Snowfoam
- Sills and door shuts cleaned
- Arches washed and cleaned
- Washed using a quality wash mitt via the 2 bucket method
- Tar and Iron fallout removed from the paintwork
- Paintwork claybarred to remove bonded contaminants, sap, tar and industrial fallout deposits left behind from the previous chemical process
- Dried, using compressed air and plush microfibre towels
- Vehicle placed on scissor lift
- Wheels removed to receive a 3 stage cleansing, brake dust and grime removed, tar removed and an iron fallout process to dissolve burnt on brake filings
- Sensitive edges, plastics and trims masked
- Single stage machine polish carried out to remove very minor defects, boost gloss and sharpness
- Panel wiped to remove residue from polishing stages and inspected prior to coatings
- Ceramic Coatings or Natural Waxes applied to the paintwork
- Ceramic Coatings or High temperature wax applied to the wheels, faces and barrels
- Exterior glass sealed to help improve wet weather visibility
- Ceramic Coatings or natural waxes applied to grills and trims
- Exhausts polished
- Wheels refitted and tyres dressed
Optional interior package:
- Interior vacced
- Plastics wiped
- Glass cleaned
- Fabric surfaces sealed to aid maintenance and reduce grime buildup
- Leather treated and sealed to aid maintenance